We believe that the heart of any church is her doctrine, especially important being what is believed about the Gospel. We are a Gospel centered church that lifts up the Lord Jesus and His great work of securing the salvation of sinners on the cross. At Sovereign Grace Church, we take the Word of God for what it is, the authoritative Truth inspired by God. The Word of God, in both the Old and New Testaments, is profitable for teaching, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness. Between the Word of God without, and the Holy Spirit within, believers are given everything they need for life and for godliness.
We often are asked what we mean by being a Spirit-filled Reformed Baptist Congregation. Here is a brief explanation of the terms, as we mean them:
- Spirit-filled: By this term we mean that we believe that all of the gifts of the New Testament are still in use today and are needed by the church today. We would call ourselves mildly charismatic, meaning that we believe in the moving of the Holy Spirit within His church in the gifts of the New Testament, but that they are to be exercised with caution, subjected tot he Word of God and subjected to the pastoral team of the church.
- Reformed: By this term we mean that we believe in the "doctrines of grace" or the "five points of calvinism." In the issue of salvation, we believe that God chooses those He will graciously save. We believe that this truth causes greater evangelism and love for the lost than if it were not believed.
- Baptist: By this term we mean that we baptize only believers who have made a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.
Here is a link to our doctrinal statement. Sovereign Grace Church holds to the doctrines that are commonly called the “Doctrines of Grace,” or the Reformed Faith.
In summary, we believe:
* Our Lord is sovereign in the affairs of His creation and that He can and does do as He pleases.
* Mankind is born into sin and is separated from God and has no hope of salvation without direct intervention by the Lord.
* Faith and repentance are given by God as free gifts to those He chooses.
* All the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available for today for both edification of the church and evangelism of the lost.
* The Lord will preserve until the end all those who have placed their faith in the Lord Jesus.
* Our Lord will return to this earth and we cry in our hearts, “Even so come, Lord Jesus.”